Tangail Village stay & Heritage visit
01 Night & 2 Days
Tangail is one of the oldest districts with heritage sights and cultural activities only 2 and half hours driving distance from Bangladesh. We are offering an overnight trip to an organic farming and weaving village called Bisnopur in the interior of Tangail. Far from the crowd and far from mass tourism, this compound only accommodates 10 – 15 people in four to five rooms.
|Tour Starts & End
|Best Time to GO
| Special Offer
|All Year Round
|10 USD Discount
In this tour our focus is the simple village life, cycling in the village path to explore the most ornamental terracotta temple of Bangladesh ATIA MOSQUE 16 AD, meet with the famous tangail sari weavers and learn the traditional way of making saree, walking into the peaceful village path, visiting pottery village, sitting up in the local village to enjoy a cup of tea, beautiful sunset in a green rice field, at night from the roof looking at the stars, seeing fireflies and the silence in the nature.
Here food is one of the main highlights. All food is made in traditional clay woven and Bangladeshi traditional food cooked and served in the clay pates. All foods here were organically grown or cultivated and serve fresh.
Dhamrai metal craft village
National libaraion monumnet in Savar
optionally you can also do fishing or swimming in the pond
Dhaka - Tangail - Dhaka in 01 Night & 02 Days
Day 01: Transfer to Tangail & Overnight Village Guest House (Lunch, Dinner)
Our guide will come and meet you at your hotel or residence and we will drive to the cultural heritage village Tangail.
- On the way to we will first stop at the National liberation monument at Savar. One of the most important moments in modern architecture commemorates the martyrs in the 1971 war. This pyramid shape architecture is considered one of the unique modern architecture is worth visiting.
- Dhamrai metal craft village is one of the last villages in the country still practicing brass metalwork, beautifully made these lost wax statues are unique in their kind. We will meet with the artisan and visit one of the factories.
- We will transfer you to bisnopur village UBNIG guest house and check in the guest house upon arrival. Fresh up and some snacks will be provided.
- Enjoy an organic Bangladeshi lunch cooked in traditional woven and the menu is – red rice, thick Daal, mesh potato, traditional vegetable, eggplant fly, fish fry, chicken curry, homemade rice cake.
- Afternoon, we will take an eco bike to roam in the village. Visiting the countryside with greenery, bridges we will visit the home-based weaving factories and seeing the traditional way of making saree. We will stop at local markets
- Enjoy the sunset from one of the viewpoints and spend some time on your own and back to the guest house for snacks and tea coffee
- The evening is interesting here in the village, you can see stars in a clear sky, you can enjoy the stars and also seeing fireflies and the silence in the nature
Day 02: Half a day in Tangail & afternoon train back to Dhaka (Breakfast, Lunch)
Enjoy the Bangladeshi traditional Breakfast with yogurt, puffed rice, fruits, tea & coffee
- We will take do cycling in the village path to visit the most ornamental Atia mosque (1706 AD). One of the first and finest terracotta mosques still in practice, followed by pottery village, here still people making earthen products, visit the village, meet with the artisan and seeing how they are doing it.
- Today our visit includes their organic farming activities like visiting the largest community-based seed bank. They have a collection of more than 1000 types of our traditional organic rice and other seeds in the community bank to spread organic farming instead of hybrid seeds. You can also see the traditional rice husking, making puffed rice in the traditional oven, naturally firmed chicken, etc.
- We will have our lunch at the guest house and then we will head back to Dhaka. Upon arrival, transfer to your destination and end your tour
About the Guest House
This UBNIG Guest House was built for the purpose of agricultural research activities done by the NGO UBNIG. it is located inside the interior of Bisnopur village. this guest house has 03 air-conditioned rooms with hot water facilities and a few non-air-conditioned rooms. we, Bangladesh Eco Adventure is one of the fewest company who is offering this organic food and village experience far from the city crowd. if you go at night in the room you can enjoy the amazing views of the sky with stars, walking in the village path you can enjoy the fireflies and amazing silence of nature. we have designed this tour only for those people who want to enjoy the simplicity of life in a less touristic destination!
The holiday ideas on our website are just examples of the amazing trips we offer
Mahadi is here to plan your tailor-made holiday to Bangladesh
Senior Travel Specialist
Phone : +880 1787751865
Included & Excluded in the Tour
Accommodation: 01 Nights Accommodation in Tourist Standard UBNIG Guest House, Tangail
Transportation: Dhaka to Tangail to Dhaka by private transport air-conditioned
Sightseeing: All sightseeing as per itinerary is included
Meals: 01 Breakfast, 02 Lunch & 01 Bar B Q Dinner with tea coffee, mineral water, and 2 snacks
Tour Guide: 01 Dedicated tour guide from Dhaka all the way
why travel with Bangladesh Eco Adventure?
We’ve been the leaders in small group adventure travel for 5 years. How’d we get here? By redefining the way travelers see the world. Check out how we’re creating the future of travel.
Join a small group of like-minded travelers that, like you, are eager to safely and confidently experience all the things that make our world worth exploring.
We have measures in place to help keep you safe from the moment you book to the moment you (reluctantly) head home.
At G Adventures, we don’t have tour guides — we have Chief Experience Officers. And they are all locally based, meaning they know the area you’re exploring like the back of their well-traveled hand.
No matter the Travel Style, our tours balance well-planned itineraries with the flexibility to do your own thing and make the experience your own.
B For the Best Experience
When you travel with us, you experience first-hand our commitment to making travel a force for good is in everything we do.
- Price From: 145 USD