Trip to Bhutan for Bangladeshi Tourist
04 Nights / 05 Days
DAY 01 ARRIVE PARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
once you arrive in BST representative will receive you and transfer you to Thimphu. En-route enjoy the scenic drive through the valley with a stopover by the river bank for refreshment. Continue driving to Thimphu which takes an hour and on arrival check-in hotel peaceful resort www.peacefulresorts.com On arrival at Thimphu apply for the special route permit for Punakha, this requires passport copies with arrival visa page.
- Overview of Thimphu
Thimphu is one of the twenty districts and currently it is our capital city. Thimphu houses both political and spiritual headquarter. It is located in the inner Himalaya and situated in the western part about 2,320 meters above sea level. It falls in the temperate zone which has rich flora and fauna content. The core of the city function as a commercial hub and people are engaged in business activities. It is surrounded by educational institutes, private residences, and offices of different agencies like government, private, corporate, and international organizations.
Thus Thimphu has given shelter to the mixture of populations from different parts of the country. This makes the capital city busiest and populated as compared to other districts in the country. People are engrossed in business, transport, agriculture, live stocks, horticulture, and white-collar profession both in private and government organizations.
DAY 02: Explore the heart of Bhutan THIMPHU
After having breakfast, our sightseeing includes -
- we will take you to Jigmi Dorji Wangchjuk National Park, about a 25 km drive from the city to enjoy the essence of nature, traditional wooden bridge over the river which is flowing from the Himalaya.
- Possibly picnic lunch shall be arranged by the riverside
- In the afternoon visit, Memorial Chorten (Stupa) was constructed in 1974 by the queen mother Ashi Sangay Chodron to honor the memory of third king Jigme Dorji Wangchuk. It is the only stupa that is located in the hub of the city. The next visit to Tashichoedzong (Fortresses of the glorious religion) was initially constructed during the mid-seventeenth century and restored by the third king Jigme Dorji Wangchuck in the 1960s on the west bank of Wangchu (River). Today, it houses His Majesty’s secretariats, ministries, and the central monk body.
- Next Visit to Centenary Farmers Markets situated on the bank of river offers our rural community to enhance their economy by selling their organic vegetables, fruits, and grains. It is a place where we get an opportunity to come in contact with a diverse population. It operates from every Thursday till Sunday evening.
- Visit Buddha point, a 51 m tall Buddha statue is installed for the wellbeing of sentient beings as well as for the peace and stability in the region.
- Evening at your own will for independent activities and end the evening with sumptuous dinner and retire. Overnight in Thimphu Hotel Peaceful Resort
DAY 03: Sightseeing in Paro
Paro which means “Place of Happiness and comfort” is one of the twenty districts. It is a site of historical architectural heritage and it is also considered a sacred pilgrimage destination for Buddhists. It is situated in the northwestern part of the country approximately 2’250 meters above sea level. Paro falls in the temperate zone and has great biodiversity.
The heartland of Paro is dominated by the business community and it is where the only international airport of Bhutan is situated since 1984. People in this area are engrossed in small business activities, cottage industry, and textile emporium. Other is engaged in both government and private firms. In the rural areas, the societies are mostly agrarian, some depend upon live stocks and others on horticulture.
After breakfast transfer to Paro, en-route enjoy the scenic beauty of nature. On arrival visit the following places of interest in and around Paro Valley.
- Points of interest to visit –Rinchen Pung Dzong (Fortress on the heap of jewels) is one of the finest Bhutanese architectural heritages situated on a steep hillside above Paro town. It was built in the mid-seventeenth century by zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel on the foundation of a monastery built by Guru Rinpoche... The prime reason to construct was to defend territory and people from external invasion by Tibetan.
- Next visit to Ta-Dzong – Ta –Dzong was a watchtower to cater security for the entire Paro valley and is situated on a ridge above Rinchen Pung Dzong. Since 1968 Ta-Dzong houses the national museum of Bhutan.
- Next Visit to Farm Houses – Farmhouses are found in the outskirt of town usually two or three-storied buildings with colorful paintings on walls and lintels and traditional farmhouses are constructed without using single nails. All houses have roofs and the same architectural style. The peripheries of every house are predominantly agricultural fields and shelter for domestic animals.
- Overnight in Paro at Hotel Janka Resort/inclusion –B-L-D
DAY 04 – DAY EXCURSION TO TAKTSANG MONASTERY (Tiger Nest )
After an early breakfast transfer to the base, our hikes begin from the base with gradual ascends through a pine-forested trail often packed with hikers and horses. About an hour gradual climbing distance is a tea house with the perfect setting of the Tiger’s Nest hanging on the face of a sheer cliff about 900 meters above the valley floor. It will take yet another 1 ½ hour’s steep climbing distance to get to the proper temple. Legend has it that during the 8th century an Indian adept “Guru Rinpoche “ arrive here at Taktsang riding on the back of a flaming tigress taken into the form of a fierce thunderbolt called Guru Dorji role. Thus Guru meditated here in the cave for about four months contemplating on the trance and he could able to reveal the Mandala of Shree Vajrakumara which enables him to pacify the evil force dwelling in the cliff that was then terrorizing the inhabitants. We shall return to the base and get transfer to the city for the lunch in one of the local restaurants.
After having lunch, you are on your own for independent activities or exploring the city admiring the way of life. End the evening with a sumptuous dinner and retire. Overnight in Paro at hotel Janka Resort
Inclusion – B-L-D
DAY 05 - final DEPARTURE
YOU WILL BE LEAVING FOR HOME, SO AFTER BREAKFAST TRANSFER TO THE AIRPORT AND BID FAREWELL!
- Hotel Engaged
Hotel Jimiling or similar in Paro /Hotel Peaceful Resort or similar in Thimphu /Room Type – Standard Twin
Transport used – 2 Toyota Coaster bus /Guide – English speaking licensed guide
The aforementioned Package cost includes:-
- Inclusion – Min 3 star rating hotel accommodation in twin share with one Major meal in a day/ Pick up /drop to and from airport/sightseeing as per the itinerary/service of English speaking Licensed tour guide / applicable government tax / Hotel tax/entrance fee / 2 bottles of mineral water per day
- Exclusion – Airfare/taxis / Laundry / Beverages / Telephone / Internet/doctor on call or any expense incurred due to unforeseen circumstances other than mentioned in the price inclusion.
- Child Policy – child below the age of Six years is No Charge / Child between 6 to 12 years of age is 50% of the adult’s rate.
- Meal Plan for the child – Child sharing bed with parent is chargeable for the meal as per the consumption
- MAP Package - 4 Dinner will be served on this package with 4 Breakfast (Breakfast start from day 2 till day 5 (departure day)
- Single supplementary – USD 45 per night
- Cancelation policy – Tour booked and cancel within one month before travel date is No Charge / Tour cancelation within 15 days before travel date will be charged 15% of the package cost / Tour cancel within 7 days before travel date will be charged 20% of the package cost / Tour cancel after arrival will be charged 100% of the package cost.
- Important note – weather conditions in December will be cold, the max temp will be 19 Degree / 10 degrees min. Dress code – bring warm clothing with a good boot as you may encounter snowfall.
- Traditional etiquette – Bhutanese expect travelers to be informed about traditional etiquette .our guide will explain on arrival.
- Food quality in Bhutan – Bhutanese restaurants serve freshly cooked meals for travelers but while traveling in a large group you need to place an order in advance to avoid a long hour of waiting in the restaurants.
- Environmental awareness – Every traveler is requested not to liters with trashes, we have trash bags in the bus or waste bins available in the sightseeing areas.
- Public or open deification is strictly prohibited in Bhutan, so use proper toilet facilities that will be coordinated by our tour guide.
- Smoking – Smoking is banned in Bhutan, Tourists can bring a small number of cigarettes and must declare on arrival, thus smoking in the public area, bar, office area, temple are prohibited.
- Alcohol – Consumption of alcohol is legal in Bhutan above 18 years of age. However, the bar remains closed on Tuesday
Why should you book a trip with Bangladesh Eco Adventure?
For the past five years, we've been the industry leaders in small group adventure travel. How did we end up here? By changing the way people see the world. Take a look at how we're shaping the travel industry's future.
Join a small group of like-minded travelers who, like you, are eager to securely and comfortably see all that makes our planet so fascinating.
With us, you can book and travel with confidence
From the minute you book until the moment you (reluctantly) return home, we've taken steps to keep you safe.
Local Tour Guides
We don't have tour guides at Bangladesh Eco Adventure; instead, we have Chief Experience Officers. They're also all based locally, which means they know the place you're visiting like the back of their hand.
Designed to benefit the local community
We've always designed our tours by forging genuine connections with local communities, ensuring that the people and places we visit benefit directly.
No matter the Travel Style, our tours balance well-planned itineraries with the flexibility to do your own thing and make the experience your own.
B for the Best Enjoyable Experience
When you travel with us, you'll see firsthand how dedicated we are to making travel a force for good in everything we do.
- Price From: 19,800/- BDT